Tim Atkin Ratings
All eight Neil Ellis wines tasted by Tim Atkin have received venerable 90+ ‘outstanding’ ratings in Tim Atkin’s 2016 South Africa Special Report.
- Neil Ellis Amica 2015 - 94 points
- Neil Ellis Webb Ellis 2011 - 93 points
- Neil Ellis Grenache Piekenierskloof 2012 (Formerly Vineyard Selection) - 93 points
- Neil Ellis Cabernet Sauvignon Jonkershoek 2013 (Formerly Vineyard Selection) - 92 points
- Neil Ellis Stellenbosch Cabernet Sauvignon 2013 - 91 points
- Neil Ellis Groenekloof Sauvignon Blanc 2016 - 91 points
- Neil Ellis Whitehall Chardonnay 2015 - 91 points
- Neil Ellis Barrel Fermented Chardonnay 2015 (available at Woolworths) - 90 points
Now in its fourth year, Tim Atkin’s 2016 South African Wine Report is the most comprehensive to date. Highly regarded for his tasting, wine writing and judging experience spanning 29 years, Tim tasted over 1400 South African wines for his current report.
Wine Spectator Ratings
On the other side of the Atlantic, highly-acclaimed US wine magazine, Wine Spectator, awarded 90+ ‘outstanding’ ratings to three Neil Ellis wines
- Neil Ellis Grenache 2011 - 92 points
- Neil Ellis Vineyard Selection Cabernet Sauvignon 2012 - 92 points
- Neil Ellis Amica 2014 - 91 points
Wine Spectator magazine, arguably the world’s leading authority on wine, annually delivers expert reviews of more than 18,000 wines to more than 3 million readers worldwide.
Neil Ellis Wines are available for purchase:
- Nationally at leading wine retailers
- At the cellar on the lower slopes of the Helshoogte Pass in Stellenbosch
- Online at www.neilellis.com